Grand Prairie is a smallish town in Texas. Small, but, not that small; but, in comparison to other Texas towns, like Dallas or Fort Worth, it might appear small. Therefore, it is only small in a Texas kind of scale.
This town is not just another town in Dallas or another suburb in Texas. Living in Grand Prairie, you won’t need to go to the big city for anything, all could be found locally.
10 Reasons to move to Grand Prairie:
- It is situated on a real prairie; even though its location is in the Wild West.
- It has the greatest wildflowers in the West; there may be lots more, but these are the best.
- It is more than just another Texas town; it boasts a close-knit community and lots of town events.
- Being near Dallas and Fort Worth, and Arlington; you can enjoy all the big city advantages without living in the city. Football is a few minutes away, art can be found just down the road, and it is closer to the airport, Fort Worth International, than Fort Worth itself.
- There are plenty of options for entertainment; with two theatres, one for bigger events, and a restored, historic theatre in midtown.
- It has the biggest Flea Market in Texas; where you can find anything you are looking for and also the things you did not think you were looking for ……
- You will have access to a huge farmers market; where a wide variety of locally grown products can be bought.
- The Great Outdoors can be found right on your own doorstep; you do not have to leave town to find nature. You can visit one of the parks, and you will even find overnight cabins, campsites, hiking routes, boating, biking and fishing facilities, right in town.
- You can go to the beach without leaving town; the lakes in town have white-sand beaches that are nicer than beaches on the Texas coast. There are lots of room to play, swim, boating or just enjoying the sunshine.
- You could still find great Texas History; memories of the past, are captured in historic homes and buildings dotted all over the town and landscape.
The city offers all that you can wish. It has Programs and Services that looks after the community and its welfare, making sure that health and safety throughout the town is a priority.